Fitness holds the key to a long healthy and happy life. So, it is time you know the major postulates of fitness, and include the same in your lifestyle management. Regular exercise, nutritious diet, sufficient amount of sleep and proper utilization of leisure are the main axioms of fitness. Every single aspect is as important as the other, and you need to experience each of these aspects, in adequate quantity. Only then can you lead a life that is healthy and happy life with increased energy.
Here are your 9 steps to a healthy and vibrant lifestyle.
It is essential to consider the importance of having a nutritionally balanced diet. Secondly, your diet should to be complemented with exercise.
- It is important that you know the core composition of a nutritionally balanced diet plan. Such a plan consists of lean meats, low fat milk and dairy products, sprouts, green and yellow vegetable in addition to whole grains foods. You need to cut down on the consumption of processed food items that include a significant amount of saturated fat, cholesterol, sugar and sodium.
- A judiciously balanced diet plan together with exercise goes a long way towards making you fit and healthy, in the course of which you can lead a life that is free from the chronic health problems, such as hypertension, osteoporosis and Type 2 diabetes. What is important is not only to feed the body, but feed it optimally. In addition, make it a point to drink plenty of water, and stay away from processed food items.
- Lifestyle management should be such that you get sufficient sleep because without adequate sleep, your metabolism is going to slow down, and that in turn will reflect badly on your energy level. Avoiding hyper violent movies and energy-enhancing activities during the fag-end of the day or late in the night should be avoided, as well. Prior to resting and taking a break, you ought to feed your mind with positive inputs. In addition, you should avoid late night drinking and eating.
- What is necessary is to strike a line of balance. Pushing too much and too hard with a fitness plan will do you more harm than good. So, once you decide on a workout plan, make sure that it is compatible with your daily schedule. Instead of spending several hours exercising during a single session, 30-40 minutes per day, 3-4 times per week provides more benefit.
- It is important to take care of yourself every day. People, who are fit as well as healthy, find time for themselves every day. Self-help is the best help. If you look after yourself every day, you will have enough energy left to care for your loved ones as well.
- Being consistent with your workouts and exercising holds the key. With consistency, you will stand the chance of achieving your fitness goals. Whenever you happen miss a workout session due to other personal or professional objectives, you needn’t fret and fume. Instead, you need to take the plunge back into your routine, as soon as you have the chance. You may have missed out today, but then there is no reason why you shouldn’t work out tomorrow.
- If you only have a short time to exercise, you can still benefit from it by increasing the intensity of your exercise session. If you are working out at the gym and have to wait your turn on a shared equipment, don’t treat it as an excuse for shirking your exercise. Instead, you can think of stretching your muscles or doing a couple of squats.
- If your professional life is all too sedentary, and you feel like you are forever bound to the desk; then, you can take a few minutes to do some leg exercise as you talk on the phone.
- If you are just beginning an exercise routine, and are yet to set up a regular workout schedule, don’t wait for everything to be perfect. The best advice is – Just Do it!
Gracy is a dedicated and qualified nutritionist with over six years of experience in the Indian food industry. She has MSc Degree in Human Nutrition at Chinmaya degree College (BHEL) in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Visit her website at Real HCG drops.